Sunday 21 February 2016

#InMyStudio... she found Grace in the Roses.

I don't know if you remember this piece I started last year when I went to visit Annie in her studio for the weekend.  After supper we decided to head back into Misty's class for inspiration - it was a self portrait intuitive piece.  I didn't finish her at the time and I'm rather glad I didn't.

  I love how time and progress changes us, what we were doing and where we were going.
I know if I had tried to finish her then - I would have had a completely different outcome...  I've been playing a lot with red and greens, at the moment and this new beautiful neutral grey and I'm loving it so much.  And I'm loving where these colors led me this weekend.

She always felt so Gracious to me and her long neck so elegant.
And she just felt a little found and so at peace - so I called this piece... 
"She found Grace in the Roses..."

It actually reminded me of myself when I was in Orvieto, Italy - I woke up early every morning and headed into the Monastery gardens for quiet and stillness and one morning our nun, Giovanni was clipping Roses... it was the sweetest sacred sound and moment, I will never forget it...  Maybe her holding her beads in this piece, even feels a little like rosary prayer beads too.

#happyheart

No comments:

Post a Comment