Saturday 28 May 2016

Painting big...

I have been doing some research for a new body of works for a project I'm involved with and I've been inspired off the charts... by some very powerful images by one particular artist.   I'll share more about it soon.  When I finally arrived home yesterday I started drawing over the flowers and started painting her so I could see her.  The minute her face came through I knew I was going to love her... she just felt so powerful to me.



In one of Misty's classes I painted this board as part of one my portfolio covers... it was just flowers.
It has been lying #inmystudio for ages as I wanted to breath new life into it.

I wasn't sure I was going to loose the flowers completely but I ended up taking them all away.
I wish I could tell you I knew how I was going to move with this piece but she just seems to keep evolving... and taking me on her own journey.   We still aren't done yet but I look forward to finishing our journey together...

I'm totally besotted with her eyes.  They seems to be beckoning me.
Like she has a story to tell me... and I want to listen.

No comments:

Post a Comment