Friday 5 July 2013

What a Weekend!


It was a seriously busy weekend, which meant no time #InMyStudio and I had chores too... like a bucket full of ironing to finish, before my family completely disowned me.  And I had some work work to do too.  I am also still clearing out things that can reduce clutter.  I'm always looking for ways to streamline.

By Wednesday my #PostCard layout was ready and waiting to go up... So I suggested to my hubby that we get them up before the weekend starts.  I couldn't bear to go another weekend without that.  I thought I had a complete set but after 2 trips to the post office last week - I'm still receiving beautiful postcards... And I believe there are still some in the mail.  I'm busy putting together another set to go on the adjacent wall.  WOW - how blessed am I to be connected with such generous and amazing artists from all over the world.  As a result of this... I'm heading back into my studio to run off another batch of postcards to reciprocate!!! 




I can't tell you how happy this little gesture of putting up my PostCards made me.
My desk and studio space is visually beautiful and the most incredible thing...
is that I get to see this and sit here and be in this space everyday of my life.

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful and I envy your collection!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Palma - can't wait for our swap... so I can include one of your beautiful pieces in there too. PS: My card for you is ready to send!

      Delete
  2. How wonderful that you framed all your postcards and put them up on the wall! You have so many! Such an inspiration to be able to look at them in your creative space!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - to me each one tells me a story of each artist... I love that!

      Delete
  3. I love the way you have showcased the beautiful artwork. All masterpieces!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - I've got quite sentimental through the years. The fact that these were all gifts and from all of over the world from beautiful artists - has touched something deep in my heart!

      Delete
  4. I love your art space very much. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Annie - I love it too. I had that desk made for me years ago and I never thought it would be my art desk... I've collaged the top with paper, photos and some notes... <3

      Delete