Tuesday 20 August 2013

#InMyStudio - ADiaryofFaces Part 1 is a go!

I signed up for ADiaryofFaces at the end of last year but I knew I would put it on hold when I was doing FacetoFace, which was a live class.  After FacetoFace, I have been in the PostCard lockdown for so long but I have been wanting to get back to my DiaryofFaces, which is a 9 week class.  I don't like to leave something I've started, unfinished and to me ADiaryofFaces is full of great tutorials and full of history!!!  I've dipped my toe back into the class every now and again... but I have been stumped as to how I was actually going to put this project together.

When I was on holiday in April - I found an old book and I knew immediately what I was going to use it for.... yes ADiaryofFaces.  I drew up #Week1 #Chen and then put the book away and actually forgot that I had drawn that up.  When I decided again that the book was definitely the route I was going to go with - I was delighted to find my Chen drawn up there... and I think it was a kind of confirmation for me.  I guess the answer was right in front of me in the course name... ADiary... I was just struggling with the concept of working solely in my artjournal.  This is new ground for me.  But I am loving the idea of this old book being filled with exquisite pieces of some great painters... even if they are just my renditions.

So I've done #Week1 #Chen three times now but hoping this will be my last.  I'm loving where this is going to go... and I'm actually really excited to move on now that I have some direction!!!

#WIP - My Chen draw up... charcoal and gesso
Will hopefully finish tonight
!
So this is what my page will look like... my rendition of each week's image on the right.  Tonight I will make a sleeve on the left to hold Sharon's reference and my #postcard (I will also do a postcard for each week) and my summary information of each artist!  I love Sharon's idea of a short fictional story/letter to go with each piece incorporating the history!  I will see what I can come up with.  So more about this in another post!!  Part of moving forward on this course, is also making time for the tutorials!  I've already watched #Week2 #Nicolae and my page is prepped and ready.... watch this space! #HavingFun!

No comments:

Post a Comment