Sunday 4 August 2013

News in Flashes



Slow Saturday Mornings
On Saturday morning Digz was out riding and Corks had a school commitment... so Kitty and I had the morning to ourselves.  After the drop off we headed out for breakfast.  We chatted and read the news together and spoke about life.  I love these stolen moments in time, that happen so naturally when the right things align.  Look at those eyes!!! After our breakfast, we took a gentle walk up to the post office and found my new books waiting for me... what a treat!  I am not only a huge fan of Julia Cameron's work but I've worked through most of her books.  She is with out a double my fav authoress.

Finishing DIY Projects
I think I started this project about a year ago.  I mosaic-ed my table and finished grouting it but I never painted it.  One of those things I said I would do but never got to it... but Saturday was D-Day!  I picked up my paint and by the end of the day - this was my lovely result!  I've fallen in love with my 100 year old farm-style kitchen all over again.  To the right, where the vase of flowrs are is our little breakfast nook, which we call the laughing area... I had a table in there too that was mosaic-ed but never never grouted or painted.  That too, was completed on Saturday.  I am thrilled - will share more pictures soon!

Sunday Family Day
We have been working on a project as a family, to come up with things to do together, to surprise each other which is a complete spoil.  And we each have to take turns in coming up with something special.  For example, a while back we took the girls to see a live show, their first!  It wasn't expensive but it was such a treat!  Just part of us choosing to live consciously.  So I decided to plan something different and special today... I booked tickets for us to go on the double-decker topless sightseeing bus!  The joy of living in a tourist destination is in Winter it's all the tour specials... perfect for us locals.  And with the beautiful weather... today was perfect for this outing!  We arrived at the V&A Waterfront and hoped on the bus and started our adventure through our beautiful city.  We learnt some history and discovered things we didn't know... who knew!  We had plenty of laughs!  Spirits were high!
We hoped off in the center of town and did some walking, stopped for breakfast and walked through the company gardens to feed the squirrels... it was such a special time of talking, laughing and taking it slow!  The funniest part of today was when a squirrel jumped on my back!!!!  Brought about much laughter and teasing for the rest of the day!  After lunch, we settled back on the bus all the way home!  Feeling exhausted but with full hearts!
Making memories that will last a lifetime!

And off we go...                                  Breakfast time

Love old churches                                Back on the bus

Can't wait to see what get's organised next... 
One thing is for sure - we won't forget this day in a hurry!

No comments:

Post a Comment