Sunday 18 August 2013

#InMyStudio - Finishing CourageousOne

I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed with this piece.  For a few reasons....

Firstly because I've finally finished her... I started her 7 weeks ago.   I took out a beautiful piece of HotPress paper and my acrylic paints and I thought I'm really going to give these "paints" ago.  So she started me off on a journey of discovering my Acrylics and falling in love with them.  Most of you know Acrylics and I haven't been friends, like ever!!  But I feel like I've had such victory!  I think she's a wonderful symbol of victory!

I found this monochromatic image of an old Indian Chief - with full headgear... I'm not sure it's correct for a woman to wear a Chief Headgear but I couldn't resist using it for her!


He's amazing and so interesting!
This was my draw up... not exact but I used elements of this image!

I wasn't sure how it was going to play out...
I enjoyed my painting of this a lot but as usual, I wasn't sure how I was going to finish her!!

But I have to say I'm really thrilled!

CourageousOne - 11"x14" on HotPress WaterColor Paper
I'm just loving this subject matter so much and I have now done 4 pieces in this theme!
I think I might secretly continue!

2 comments:

  1. Stunning... soulful... and beautiful... she radiates such depth Jeanne-Marie... I totally love her... and her head dress is wonderful...

    Jenny ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. wow - thank you so much Jenny - you are too kind! I'm so thrilled with her too! <3

      Delete