Sunday 11 August 2013

#InMyStudio - so desperate to paint big!!!

This weekend I was so desperate to do paint and be #InMyStudio and do anything other than a postcard! But I was procrastinating... I hadn't painted much else other than 4"x6" and I think I was a bit afraid.

So I had this big 30"x20" canvas that I started months ago but hid away because I wasn't particularly loving it... so I had gesso'ed over it... you can see them 3 gals in the background.  It wasn't bad but something about it was bugging me.  So Friday was a bank holiday and I worked from home and did everything to avoid the studio.  Saturday, I had to take the girls shopping and then sat watching movies... but eventually at about 10.30 last night, I started drawing... and these two girls came out of my charcoal stick.  I was immediately inspired to carry on... the behind shadows were actually helping me a lot!

I also found some craft acrylics I had put away because I thought I would never use them.. but when I bought them before - they are perfect skin options... it was time to play with them... so here are some #evolutionofapainting ...



I woke up early today to carry on working on with this piece...
I used the flowrs that were there from the previous painting and added some more of my own flowrs to the dresses.  They were pretty bright - so I've been doing white washes to push them back.  I still want to do some more layers.
And I still want to do some more work and detail in the halo.
But this piece is so soft and dreamy and I can honestly say I had so much fun painting BIG.
There is something special about it,
with big paintbrushes and using the whole table to work!
Still one of fav ways to paint!




A little snap shot of my studio desk... just loving the feel of these two gals!
And I love my space.

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE this painting! It looks so wonderful on your studio desk!

    ReplyDelete