Thursday 8 August 2013

#InMyStudio.... My PostCard Journey is finished!


As much as I have adored the postcard swap and journey - my list was so long and for weeks now I felt like I couldn't move on until my list was done! Well this is my last send off for a while!!!  I am so thrilled to inform you that I've finished my list.  In total, I did 35 cards.  I won't be doing anymore postcards for a while, partly because I need a break and I need to work on some bigger pieces and some other projects.

I have so loved this journey and discovered some pretty awesome faces and new styles in the 20minutechallenge - But I am more than ready to move on....

I have 3 pieces left on my easel that needs final tweaking... then I'm back on track to carry on with my learning and online course regime.  I still want to go back into my online classrooms and work through some tutorials and I have been watching Sharon Tomilson's morning videos and I have a piece I've started there that I would like to finish and follow through with her... I am still working on my Diary of Faces, part 1 and I would like to finish that and move onto part 2.  I am also working on my Project #40 photographic journal (just my private journey in turning #40) and I want to dive back into my leather bound artjournal for some more collage pieces.  I also want to work and practice painting hands and incorporating them into my paintings and still continue on creating greater depth to my faces.  I'm still learning so much!  And need to continue journeying forward!

I have a whole bunch of things planned and work in my own personal pipeline.  And can't wait to get started again!

To everyone that blessed me with postcards and to everyone I was able to send to - thank you!
I will never forget the generosity in each delightful package I received!  It not only felt like Christmas every week for me - but it created such a wonderful discussion at my postoffice!  Their faces lighting up every time they could tell me a piece of art had arrived!!!!  #beautifulstories

4 comments:

  1. Seeing your postcard journey has been so fun. And I owe you one. I'm back at the easel after a long break so my next challenge is to paint some smaller pieces. Like maybe a few postcards. xo
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhh thank you my friend... I'm popping across to read your beautiful blog about what's on your easel... I'm delighted you are back there and painting! Can't wait to see what flows out your brush!!!

      Delete
  2. Oh beautiful artwork,i wish i were in time to have one of your postcards!:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Voula - and sorry too!

      Delete