Friday 2 August 2013

#InMyStudio - Tinkering around!

I bought a Hahnemuhle Bamboo Pad the other day to play with and I've been dying to use it!  It's a lovely size 7"x9".  Been looking forward to using it for a while.  I think I am loving working on paper as opposed to canvas, it's a great change!

I prepped this piece of paper with Modelling Paste.  I've never used it before so I had no idea what was going to happen.  I know Misty used it on of her tutorials!  I need to go back and see what the assignment was.  Betty told me that working with Neo's on top of Modelling Paste is heavenly.


I used a monochromatic reference for this piece that I found about a year ago... This is the 3rd Native American I've done, it appears I've been fascinated by this theme for some time!

Some work in progress shots...



4 comments:

  1. Oh she is stunning... I love everything about her... and adore your postcards in the post below... you have such a beautiful style...

    Jenny ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Jenny... I have loved doing the postcards! I needed to work on something different!!! Hoping to do some different work this week! <3

      Delete
  2. So nice to see your WIP pictures. I have also been spying out that pad, but so far have been very restrained. I have so many sketch books I need to work through first....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw this and thought of you and the collabrative works you enjoy doing. Maybe you and one of your partners could submit something
    http://us2.campaign-archive1.com/?u=7ee7991cad523f8e11195f043&id=184ff12f51

    ReplyDelete