Saturday 21 February 2015

"Come stay with me, kind little darling and I will keep you safe..."




This weekend Misty and her daughter shared what was going on in their hometown with regard to the culling of these incredible creatures.

The inhuman way they are to be culled is complete cruelty to these gentle beings.  It's heart-wrenching stuff.  Lots of us have been promoting the signing of the petition on behalf of Misty and her daughter.  I'm just hoping it will make a difference.

I don't know why it has upset me so much - but I thought about them all weekend.  It just sounds like senseless killings and human callousness, at it's worst and that's never okay!

This beautiful picture inspired my painting... 




"Come stay with me, kind little darling and I will keep you safe..."

It's the first time I've painted an animal or an animal face and I have to say I loved it.
I love the tenderness of this piece - it pretty much summed up how I was feeling about it.
I wanted to include this theme into my #1FaceaDay.

Her sweet hand was inspired by Sharon Tomilson's hands - I love the kind of whimsical, dreamy way she does her hands.  I didn't want to be bound too much by a perfect hand but rather about the emotion around it.  And I love the way the finger is resting on Deer's temple.  It's so tender - I wish I could say I planned that - but it just happened.

It was lovely to do a bigger piece and something completely different. 

2 comments:

  1. Am in love with this piece. you captured the raw tenderness beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much my friend. <3 Nice to try something different.

      Delete