Sunday 6 September 2015

I've fallen in love with Lomography...

There is no rules with this little buddy - except one...
 - to take it everywhere with you and capture life.

I have fallen in love with photography again.
And even more so, I have fallen hopelessly in love with Lomography.
I didn't mean to, it just happened.  But I'm captivated and I am learning.

A totally clever and totally creative art form.
It hasn't hit too big here yet - but I think it's coming.
Check out eBay - there are plenty and you can grab them for a steal!
I found love in my lens today
What I am learning and loving about this clever little Lubitel... is that it slows you right down.
There is a beautiful sense of calm and patience to it.

To stop... to feel.  to see.  to engage.  to capture.  to breathe.

Capturing mood
The age of cellphone photography, as much as I love it, has stolen this art form.
There is the flippedness that is attached to taking photos and our children will never know a different way.
But with this new Lomography movement - they might get this chance.
Film shots and instant photography makes you consider and size up every shot.
You value it, you think about it and you waste not.
There is the beautiful essence of patience.
What can be more beautiful than learning that art form.

No comments:

Post a Comment