Sunday 16 December 2012

Exciting Steps...

Some time before I left for Italy, I looked at doing a course called "A Diary of Faces" - A wonderful artist I am following on Instagram and Facebook, Betty Wilkins was doing this course and I was so impressed with the work she was producing.  I did some research and found that this course was run by Norah'S Art. .  Norah's is spelt in reverse... Sharon.  Little did I know then that I would get to meet Sharon Tomilson and paint with her in Italy.  I knew then already, that when I got back home I wanted to sign up for her course.  And I am so excited because today I signed up for Part 1.  It's a 9 week self-paced course and I am totally delighted with the faces I will be studying and painting.
The most exciting part of me doing this course, in between doing OpenStudio, is that I get to hear Sharon's beautiful voice and soothing Southern drawl.  I could listen to her for hours.

I know Misty is also opening a new course in January and I will be signing up for that too so I can tell the first half of next year is going to be heavy for me but I am looking forward to the challenge and looking forward to working hard.

2 comments:

  1. Dear one, Thank you so much for signing up for this class. Now, do I really really have a Southern drawl?
    I have to say it is so fun knowing that we "know" each other and yet live half way around the world from each other.
    You are so special and I appreciate you.
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, isn't that wonderful... how our computers and the wonderful online community makes the world a smaller place.

      I love your voice and the way you talk my friend... hmmm I dont' know how to put it but it feels like home in many ways!

      Loving the Tutorials.

      Much love
      Jeannie

      Delete