Monday 31 December 2012

December Celebrations...

We always have such a very full December with celebrations... from Birthdays, Christmas Day, Boxing Day, Anniversaries, more Birthdays to New Years!

We had a very wonderful Christmas Day with Digz family in our home and it was such a mellow and pleasant day!!  The food is always good and a complete treat.  But the best part of family gatherings for me is all the laughter, banter and closeness.  As I've got older, it's more precious to me than anything else.  I love seeing how the kids all get along so well... all different ages!  It's beautiful!
Boxing day we shot through to my brother up the coast.  We were chomping at the bit to see Baby Grace again... we last saw her at her birth but that was already 4 months ago.  The girls loved being with her.  To me there is something special that happens with little ones when they connect with their cousins... it's like they know that this is family.  There is such tenderness between them.  In this first shot - I just love the way they are looking at each other.  Too precious!



We quietly celebrated our 16th anniversary at home this year because the day before and day after was spent surfing and with all the other festivities, quite frankly we were too tired to do anything major on this day... Maybe when things settle down we will do something just the two of us.
The wind and weather has been perfect for some glorious surf days.  Corks and Digz are surfing so wonderfully at the moment.  As for Kitty, my little bodyboarding buddy we are equally having our own victories in the water.  We had two of our best surfs this week... At one stage all four of us were on the same wave surfing together... Such awesomeness!
It's New Years Eve and my biggest girl just turned 14!  Yes, I have a New Year's Eve Baby!  She's growing into such a beautiful young lady and I seriously couldn't be prouder of her.  She has been putting in the hours for the past year learning to surf.  She's proved to us she's serious about it.  This year we decided to replace her beginner's board with her very own serious Roxy surfboard.  And she was comepletely stoked!
I have to say I have loved our 2012 year and it will definitely go down in my books as one of my best and favourite years ever.  I think it has to have been one of the most exciting, positive, happening and life changing years for all of us... We needed a good year and 2012 was a great year!  Here's a huge thank you to the amazing people I have met this year and old buddies near and far, all of who have added so richly to my life!  Looking forward to deeper connections next year.
Happy New Year and here's to an equally beautiful 2013.

No comments:

Post a Comment