Sunday 2 December 2012

Treasured moments #InMyStudio...

Corks has been asking for the past while if we could spend some time together in the studio.  I didn't allow her this time during exams and so she was chomping at the bit to paint together.  I always get a little nervous for these sessions because I am by no means a teacher.  And I always want her time here to be positive... She started off drawing a portrait today, on her own accord and I have to say I was pleasantly surprised.  She's 13, almost 14 and I think she did pretty well.  I am so proud of her.  She has a good eye and she's fearless when it comes to trying new things.  I only had to guide her a bit on the mouth and the one eye.  But for her first attempt - I think she's pretty remarkable.  I honestly believe if she continues like this, she will be producing some wonderful work.

As for me, I woke up and my vertigo was off the charts.  Getting up was tricksy... the girls were amazing and made me breakfast and coffee which I managed to get up for and then I headed back to bed.  Somedays are good and somedays are just bad and this morning was tough going.  I have to say that I felt much better after that second sleep...  I headed to the studio to be with Corks and managed to paint this sweet little Jane Austen inspired piece.
Who knew that one day I would be creating art with my girls... Honestly, a dream come true!

Still have some work to do but resting here today

1 comment:

  1. How awesome, to get to create side by side with your daughter. And both pieces are lovely! Rest up and I hope you feel better soon...

    ReplyDelete