Sunday 30 December 2012

#InMyStudio - Finished my first Figure piece...

With Christmas, Anniversary and Birthday celebrations this week - it's been too busy to paint... and I have a whole bunch of unfinished pieces again... I don't want to start the New Year like that. With me also having signed up for 2 more Online Courses already for next year I don't want to start on the backfoot... I want to be current and keep up to date with each week... so I have been chomping at the bit to get back into my studio...

I hadn't meant to end up here today, I was just tidying up and I got side-tracked...

Misty encouraged us to do some figure pieces in Italy and it isn't something I have been huge on doing, not for any specific reason other than rather focusing on faces... but I drew this piece up sometime ago but have been to nervous to push through it... but today was the day and I have to say I am super pleased with how she turned out.  I am completely in love with her tenderness.  She's currently up in my studio...



I think I found the perfect spot for her in my studio...

2 comments:

  1. She's lovely! Hands are so daunting for me...you did hers beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Beth - don't worry. I have also found it too daunting. But it's so funny... her hand actually has 6 fingers... I guess I still have work to do!
    LOL

    ReplyDelete