Monday 31 December 2012

The Tender Lady with Six Fingers...


I completely laughed out loud last night when my sweet friend on Instagram pointed out that this Tender Lady had 6 fingers.  She asked me if I did that on purpose because it looked so right.

I was horrified that I could do that completely by mistake.  It was my first attempt at hands and I was feeling quite chuffed with myself...

My family were teasing me that I was so chuffed with my 6 fingered hand {blush}

I have decided to keep her exactly as she is... for some or other reason my subconscious or muse felt it looked right... so there it's going to stay!  If nothing else, she makes an interesting story for us to giggle at.  I know some of Mark Chagall's paintings of hands, had extra fingers... so I guess one day someone will be asking "I wonder why this artist put in an extra finger???"

I guess in many ways she just become way more endearing to me...

4 comments:

  1. LOL I was wondering when you would notice it. I could not be the one to tell you. I mean really, I looks so right and intentional.
    And thanks, I did not know that about Mark Chagall

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahahah - ah that's brilliant! I wish you had told me! It's so funny, I can't stop thinking about it! Actually, I can't stop giggling about it! Sometimes I am just so fascinated how the mind works... or doesn't work!

      I read a whole book about Mark as I did a practical study on his series on Lovers... {Lovers in Red etc} and it was such a strong theme in a lot of his paintings. Not all but many! Rather interesting!

      Happy New Year my friend!

      <3

      Delete