Sunday 9 December 2012

News....

I actually had such a good week but also a tough week... Here's a look!

I spent some time at the printers this week, putting together Giclee prints, together with postcard sets... to stock in my EtsyShop.  And I have to say I was so completely blown away at the quality and the service I got.  It's the first time I have ever done something like this.  They are so beautiful and the paper is exquisite.  This was a huge step for me... Putting myself out there has been scary.  But trusting for sales and if not, I will keep these aside for an exhibition that I'm hoping to have next year!  Super exciting stuff!!!


Vertigo is still plaguing me after months of struggling. And this week I got really down about it. Some days are just so bad and yet others, I'm perfectly fine. I am not sick. I can't take meds and go to bed. There is no real treatment and certainly no cure. I just have to silently {invisable to the outside world} struggle through it. There doesn't seem to be a pattern and it's completely unpredictable. I am not enjoy this whatever this is...



  
I trained quite a bit this week!  I managed to get in 4 training sessions and ran a total of 21kms and did a spinning class... which is a great improvement.  Why am I training when I'm clearly plagued by this illness? I am such a believer that sports, exercise and wellbeing can heal most things.  I'm not overdoing it or stressing my body out - I am working carefully and slowly and only on the days that are good.  But it certainly has lifted my spirits. 
I did a bit of painting and #openstudioworkshop this weekend.  Mainly finishing some pieces that are ready to go into my EtsyShop   I did a few drawups from class and looking forward to painting them this week.  Now that the girls are on holiday and I have more free time {finish #openstudioworkshop}.  I am looking forward to Misty's new course in January and Sharon's Diary of Faces that I'm also looking forward to tackling in January.   As for this piece - I love her.  Wow those #dots took me all day to do!!! But the hard work paid off!!!!


It has become a firm family tradition to go out for lunch on breakup day and today was no exception!! We go over the girl's reports and discuss the year's highs and lows. My girls are getting so big and beautiful, that my heart just swells at the amazing young ladies they are becoming. They both had brilliant years and both worked so hard. The thought of having 5.5 weeks off is making us giddy!!!  Happy Holidays!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment