Saturday 22 December 2012

#InMyStudio... juggling pieces...



Week 1 - Diary of Faces... Feeling pretty freaked out but I am trusting CHEN
will find her way on my canvas.  Shadows and undertones down...

Emily Moon is my newest piece and I can't wait to work on her... I have loved this draw up from the beginning and I think I am going to love her finished. She feels emotional and has movement... I will keep you posted.

April has been fighting with me from her draw up.  I know not every piece will be a breeze but I have been going back and tweaking and tweaking.  She just hasn't felt right from the beginning and her eyes and face shape have kept me busy.  I also drew her up with a dark pencil and when I started adding the paint it made the skin color grey and mirky.  That has never happend to me before.  I had to scrap off the paint and start over...  I do however, love her hair and her bandana and I believe we will slowly start finding our way forward.  I will have to continue to rework her eyes and mouth and have some ideas in mind for her dress...

2 comments:

  1. Your Chen is coming along great. And Emily Moon is going to be wonderful. But to me, April seems like it could be finished. I like her so much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ahhh thanks so much my friend, that really helps me. I would really like to finish April today. I have finished drawing up her dress and if works well - I think it might just finish her off beautifully...

      Delete