Saturday 1 December 2012

More time #InMyStudio...

There was much excitement in the house on Friday... not only did I finish my extra work hours at the office but the girls also finished all their exams and just like that the pressure and tension had been lifted and I have to say it felt pretty good...
It's the start of December and it's summer and the holiday feeling has entered the house and everyone is raving about it!  To celebrate the end of all the hard work, we took the girls to see the final in the Breaking Dawn saga - Corks had been waiting patiently for exams to finish to see the end.
When we got home I started painting and decided to finish working on my The Journey - Dreaming of Orvieto painting... I had be struggling with what to do with the dress.  Nothing I did seemed to be working.  I eventually took a photo of this piece and printed it out and drew some rough designs on it... and this is where I got the idea for the necklace - which I just love and a few hours later her dress evolved to this.  I am delighted with where this piece ended.  I have to say that I am more delighted that I finished this piece.  Sometimes finishing a piece for me, is more difficult than the actual piece itself.


I crawled into bed at 2.30am with a full heart.  But I knew this did mean Saturday was going to be hard but it did also mean that I have finished another painting this week and I am thrilled!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment