Sunday 7 July 2013

How Blessed am I...


I am friends with a wonderful lady from Texas, sweet Betty Wilkins!
I know one day soon, I am going to meet her in real life!
And it will be a great honour when I do!


The truth is I am a huge fan of everything Betty does, there doesn't seem to be anything she paints that I don't adore.  And true to this, when she shared this sweet lady online.
It was love at first sight!

I love the textured background and I just love her soft edges so much... and the colouring!
And of course, I just love those #flowrsinherhair.

I know Betty received many postcards in the postcard swap and she has been working hard through her list to send out on her side...  So I asked Betty if she could make a PostCard print of this for me and I would buy it from her.  I didn't want to interrupt her list otherwise I would have offered to buy the original.

My sweet friend decided to send this original postcard beauty to me instead of a print...
WHAT!!!  How awesome is that...

You deeply touched my heart today Betty - thank you!!
Seriously... how proud am I... I have 3 Betty Originals!

2 comments:

  1. I've been trying to respond to this post. . . to thank you for your sweet and generous spirit, for you are the most generous person I know! I hope this little piece will arrive their soon. . . I know she'll be honored to be in your company!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you my sweet friend. Sorry it's taken me so long to write back. I'm honored to have her by me. She's framed up and sitting on my desk and looks at me while I'm painting! So special! <3

      Delete