Saturday 13 July 2013

#InMyStudio - Grace - it all started with a drawing...




At the start of #FacetoFaceWorkshop - I did this pencil drawing!  Just for practice!
I knew I wanted to paint her at some stage...
So I drew her up on a 10"x14" canvas and just left it #InMyStudio

It's one of my main aims in the next while to finish my unfinished pieces, so this morning,
I picked her up... I didn't mean to start her and I certainly wasn't inspired to paint her and I can't even say I was in the mood to paint...

And the next minute she flowed right out of my brush - literally!

She feels kind of old fashioned and as Digby's cousin said - a little Grace Kelley'ish!

So I've aptly called her Grace!

I love how my GraphiteDrawing inspired this and yet they look so completely different.
Everything is different, the lips, nose, hair and mouth!
But I assure you when she was drawn up on canvas - she looked really similar!
I love how adding the paint can just change everything!

Today I not only surprised myself but also my hubby!
And that always feels good!

Can't wait to finish her!

2 comments:

  1. Exciting to feel the flow. Isn't it. She is beautiful and yes Grace Kelley'ish.

    Oh yes, and I received the beautiful print. The colors are so vivid and bright and beautiful. Love it. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sure is??? Can't tell you how good this piece feels...

    I am so delighted you received ur print!!!! And that you love her!!!

    I do too... I am so sentimental... And to me she tells a story!!!

    ReplyDelete