Saturday 13 July 2013

#InMyStudio - great art week...


Oh man I had a great week #InMyStudio this week!  Working part-time and painting part-time isn't easy, that in-amongst being mom and life too!  With also squeezing in fitness and being social (because I think given half a chance - I could quite easily be reclusive :-0).  When winter hit for various reason - my routine went flying which meant my studio time was compromised.  Although I've always loved routine especially when the girls were younger, I wouldn't say I am completely routine bound.

But about 18 Months ago I decided to pursue my art more seriously - like I would if it were my job or if I was training for a marathon.  I started keeping bank hours #InMyStudio... whether it was sharpening pencils, tidying up, keeping my blog and website up to date or sorting my photos.  I had to set time aside to paint.. I have been doing that for a year now and not only has it made me so incredibly happy but I've seen such growth in my journey.

Last week I managed to get on top of my workload and my ironing pile... So I knew my studio time was going to happen this week... I've also committed to getting up early to do #MorningPages and also to do a 20Minute painting challenge before life happens!

MorningPages to me is a lifestyle and I love that time!  And the #20Minute Painting Challenge not only starts my day off with my paintbrush in my hand... but I can have a settled heart knowing that I've already painted today and I don't have to worry all day whether I am going to get any studio time!

And like anything we do in life if we want to be good at it - we need to train for it... so for me time in the seat is what it's all about!  And it sure does help when you are also passionate about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment