Wednesday 31 July 2013

Sensory Breakthrough


When you live with someone who has Sensory Integration Dysfunction (SIDS) and they ask you to take them shopping... well it's enough to make me hide under the duvet for a while.  Let me just say, this has never been an easy undertaking and usually leaves us all rather traumatised.  Okay, so I didn't literally hide under the duvet, but I certainly did delay this outing for two months!

So this past weekend, I finally faced it and I braced myself!!

Omgoodness!  Was I wrong... I didn't need to brace myself at all...  I ended up spending a beautiful afternoon with my beautiful daughter.  She not only showed me that she was prepared to work through her discomforts but she was also prepared to make good choices to look feminine and beautiful!  And beautiful she did look!  But what I found even more beautiful than anything else, was that she showed me such maturity and courage!  And it looked good on her!  Her determination to face her own stuff and rise above them will seriously stick with me for a long time!  #ProudMama right here!  She found these soft and pretty denims and it is the first time she's owned a pair!  Major breakthrough!

I think the best thing that happened by our outing, is that for the first time in who knows how long, maybe even for the first time in her life... she felt beautiful!

1 comment:

  1. OMG she looks like a model and the colour suits her so well and love the hat too,so glad u enjoyed your day ladies
    Hugzzzz bev

    ReplyDelete