Saturday 20 July 2013

#InMyStudio - Finishing unfinished pieces... at last!


I can't tell you how thrilled I am to be finishing pieces today!
It's major breakthrough for me... I can get so stuck with unfinished pieces.
And my easel was filling up again!
I guess by starting new pieces, it is a way of procrastination!

This was my replica of my #collaborative piece that I did for AnnieHamman.
I was absolutely stumped as to how I was going to consolidate this piece!
It was so busy that it kept sending me into sensory overdrive.

The first piece is kind of where I had got stuck...
So today I decided to start with what I could control..
I started putting dark around the wings and then started working on 
my favorite part of this painting - the chickens!
I lightened the ground and tried to soften the dresses without losing the beautiful details.
I really worked detail into the wings and lightened the background too because it had got
too grey and dark.  I love the whiter tones now.  I just love their hats!

I feel there is a story to this piece - I'm not sure what it is yet but I'm sure it will come to me!


 I drew this piece up in May but I just hadn't got to painting her yet!
I finally started this last week, in Acrylics.  I studied her all week!
I needed to tweak her scarf and today I finished working on her.
Her top was too plain and there was nothing too special about her.
I decided to see if I could make her dress at the top a bit more interesting
so I decided to add the lace and I can't believe how it finished off this piece.
She ended up way more serene and gentle than I had imagined!

I'm feeling so chuffed as now I only have 2 unfinished pieces left #InMyStudio.

No comments:

Post a Comment