Saturday 13 July 2013

#InMyStudio - 20MinuteChallenge

A while back, I signed up on TheTroddenPath - just to stay in a community of artists (found lots of my arty friends there) but also to catch inspirational short video clips of people sharing their skills, their art etc.  One of the groups I signed up for was the 20MinuteChallenge.

I immediately loved the concept!  Because it would certainly help me loosen up with my paintbrush.  And it would certainly help with my overblending and challenge the need to always create "the" perfect piece, which to me on all levels = freedom!

So I've decided to include this in my new morning regime... after my #morningpages - well I think I might already be addicted!

I set the alarm and I did it as if I was being adjudicated.  So when the timer went off - I threw my brush down!  Sound a little crazy - right!  Yes, but I did manage to amaze myself!  At one point I was even shaking!  She is far from perfect - but I love her, just as she is.

It felt incredibly free and nervy.  Don't get me wrong - I don't feel I need or want to race through every single piece I do - but it's a great exercise!

With the #FacetoFace postcard swap - you won't believe it but I'm still receiving postcards.  I already sent out 15 before and now my list is back up to 11 new postcards to send out.

It has totally overwhelmed me... 

So I decided the #20MinuteChallenge is a great way to do these cards!

Happy to say I've already done 4 on the list this week - hoping to do a few more today and tomorrow so I can do another send out next week!

Note to self... don't let that list get too long again!


2 comments: