Monday 25 November 2013

#InMyStudio - EvolutionofaCollage - still a #WIP




The absolute first thing I start with is the face... and the rest I build around that!
I can honestly say I didn't plan a single thing... I never really know how it's going to evolve!
I guess that's the mystery and adventure of each piece.

When all the elements are in place - I start blocking in some darker colors so she can find her way forward!

What I love about these pieces, is that no matter what face I use, the face I find is never the same.
Almost without exception each piece I've done, somewhere through the process -
I am not loving it and have at times almost given up and binned it.
And this piece was no different.  But I'm glad I didn't stay in that place too long!
Because I'm really loving the colors of this piece!
This is far from finished... it's just a start!
I still have much paint to lay down!
I can't wait to finish this piece.

3 comments:

  1. I ache to try this sometime. sooooon. I hope. just amazeballs girlfriend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks - I think we need a play date soon!

      Delete
  2. Thanks! This realy got me starting on another collage. Felt I was stuck and now.. it went smooth.

    ReplyDelete