Tuesday 19 November 2013

#InMyStudio - "ComeOver"

I can't tell you how much I am loving this style of work.
In this piece, I doubled up in size from my previous piece, which is harder than you would imagine.  All the pieces of ephemera have to be in the correct proportions to one another!
I wasn't sure how I was going to link her and the teapot to make these two features feel connected! The teapot was a bit far of a reach for her arm to be holding it... But her arm close to her chest just felt so special!  And the little indication of the table meant it wasn't a floating teapot!
I just love how this piece came together.
I called it "ComeOver" because her hand looks like she is beckoning one to come over for tea!

I think it's a wonderful way of learning about composition and for me, a kind of storytelling!  Which I'm just huge about at the moment!  I really want to keep doing more of these interesting pieces and see where they lead me!

I'm thrilled to say this special piece sold even before I finished her! I seriously can't tell you how deeply that touched my heart!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment