Friday 21 November 2014

a flit into the City...

I needed to get to the City for work and some training for my one client.  So eventually put my big girl panties on and caught my flight.  I'm not sure November was the best time for me, it's my busiest time of year and I'm more than a little stretched.  More importantly I am not a fan of big cities, especially this one.

The thing I forgot about this big city, in particular, is the sheer size of the place.  And how long everything takes to get from A to B.  Living there for 4 years of my life, 3 years back... was soul destroying for me.  Going back is still a little hard for me.  One of the things that totally broke my spirit previously was how many agonizing hours I spent behind the wheel a day.  I was reminded of that.  It's not a easy life.  And I look at everyone else coping and I wonder what was wrong with me - why couldn't I cut it?  But when this way of life, big city living is all you know - it's your default setting.  But when you know an alternate way of life - giving into that literally broke my heart.  It's like my whole being, body and soul resisted it.  It felt like I was in a constant inner war.  Being a true blue introvert - the hustle and bustle of big city living wasn't for me.  I am a small town kind of gal.

That being said, some of my dearest people are there so I have to be brave sometimes so I can see them.  And from that aspect - I had a beautiful trip.  I got to do my work and training with two mighty woman and we had a brilliant time, albeit it work related and brief.  Feel so blessed to have had that time with them.  And my client.  Such good people.  We finished up quicker than expected... so I took Wednesday off, had breakfast at my favorite restaurant, Billi Bi's with two of my dearest friends, Sonia and Rene.  Two woman I miss in my life, daily.  Billi Bi's always getting my meals spot on.  Thanks Cliffie, this family miss you!!!  After that, I headed to my parent's farm to spend the day, it's about 40km out of the city.  I love spending time with my parents and being on their incredible farm and hearing their brilliant stories and adventures.  I'm mad about them.  And I'm super proud!  I'm thrilled to say they will be popping into Cape Town on the weekend to see the girls.  3 long years overdue.  It's hard living on opposite sides of the country from each other.

I love this picture on the left - she escaped her pen and found the feed and
literally dived into the bagged grasses and started munching away - 
I think she was literally smiling.

I love these sweet little things...


 I didn't stay on the farm because of work and being close to the airport etc. so I got to spend some time with one of my all time besties, Sonia and her hubby, Clifford.  I love her with my whole heart and absolutely adore her precious family!  I felt so embraced and being in their home and slotting into their life was sacred ground for me.  And it was Zara's birthday and I got to share early morning celebrations with them.  I miss our friendship so much, the day to day stuff.  Planning more visits.  I wish I had more time to see some of my other special friends and my brother.  But as you know, I can't bear being away from my hubby and girls for too long.  I feel frantic to be home.

Stolen moments... #soblessed

I've come home a little tenderhearted.  A little pensive.  Completely exhausted.  I'm heading into a quiet weekend... hoping to unpack some of my emotions from this week.  And I'm missing my studio terribly.

No comments:

Post a Comment