Sunday 16 November 2014

Weekend news... and studying blues....

Early Saturday Morning Meanderings.... love starting my weekend #InMyStudio
HappyHeart!  HappyDay for me.  But study madness is flowing through this house as we enter into a 3 week long exam cycle.  My least favorite time of year.

Live music and picnic in our little park until the rain came pouring down... so oooover winter!  Come now summer - I'm feeling desperate.  I'm back in winter warmers.

I had an old stretch canvas that I broke out of it's box frame.  I was using this  loose cut canvas under my paintings when I worked - I gessoed over it the other day and thought it would be nice to use it.  It's a new love I have.... painting on pieces of loose canvas (not stretched or on boards)  I love the softness of the soft loose canvas... so this is me just painting with Stabilo and Gesso - it's really something I just love doing... painting with gesso.  I might just leave this piece right here!!! Totally i love with this.

Packaging up and creating parcels.... gives me so much joy.
Off to the Post Office for me!!

2 comments:

  1. Are you drawing into the gesso while it's wet? Oh, how I love your work...so beautiful

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes I do sometimes, well probably most times. Sometimes I paint into the wet gesso and I really love that too - I guess it's kind of a way they did frescos... :-)

      Delete