Sunday 19 July 2015

#InMyStudio... Anchored

Last year started me on a journey of painting hands.  I did a few successful pieces last year and some not so successful pieces.  But it was really this year has helped me face my dread around them and they are appearing more and more, in my pieces as I grow in my confidence with them.

They are difficult at times and not at others, but mostly they are.  I'm discovering what I like and what I don't like, and I mostly like elongated fingers, like in this piece... perhaps even slightly exaggerated.

But most of all I'm discovering that it is definitely a journey.  Most times they kick my butt and they take me the longest time on any piece.  But I know it's practice, practice, practice.  As I did and do with the face.

I hope with both my hands and faces it will be something I continue to mature, grow and improve in, ultimately each time adding a new dimension to the greater storytelling.  There is still so much I am learning in each new piece.

But for now, I am delighted!

No comments:

Post a Comment