Friday 6 July 2012

Friday painting day...

Ahhhhh man - I am desparate to paint.  My commissions are piling up and I still have to build stock for my shop and a little gift shop that is keen on my pieces.  I had much work to do this morning for work work.  So I woke up early and faced that until around 2pm - and then hit my canvas'.  My niece and her beau were coming over to paint with me and experience oil painting for the 1st time.  I love sharing oils with people because I know a lot of people who are afraid of it yet I find it the most satifying and wonderful medium of them all.  We nestled up by the fire and painted and chatted all afternoon.  I love that when your hands are busy creatively - lovely gems fall right out of the heart.  It's really "play therapy" in many regards.  I love these two people dearly and it was a beautiful way to spend my afternoon.  Treasured moments.  The bonus of our time together - I managed to finish a small commission today and start a new one for my stock.  #Stoked

No comments:

Post a Comment