Tuesday 31 July 2012

Simplicity

I am totally loving the SIMPLICITY my life and home have taken on since moving back to Cape Town.  I am not sure how it got so convoluted before but it did.  Now looking back, the more my time and life got convoluted so did my home... or was it the other way round.  Whatever it was - my life had lost it's simplicity and along with that I lost some things I truly valued...
 
There is a beauty in traveling light.  And I am finding as we have chosen simplicity as our way of life, how much the quality of our life has improved.  Leaving more room for quanity in new ways.  Quanity in time.  Quanity in old values being restored... like time together around the dinner table.  Sitting by the fire reading or painting.  Time to hike up the mountain with good friends.  Time to exercise... things that make this life beautiful.  As my home is simplifying, I have found that I am falling in love with so many aspects of my home again.  And I am loving spending time in these places.

Here are a few views and aspects in my home that I love... as my pieces (albeit them few) find their way home.

3 comments:

  1. I'm glad that you are feeling so great about the simplicity you are experiencing. I need that too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much! I hope you find it soon too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just beautiful. I can feel myself exhale just reading this post.

    ReplyDelete