Thursday 26 July 2012

Lost in translation... but found in journal pages.

So the past week or so I have been a bit quiet.  I have had so much going on in my new routine, on my schedule, #inmystudio and in my head, that I have been a tad overwhelmed.  Actually, completely overwhelmed and a bit restless and unsettled.  I have been working through Walking in this World and I have been processing a lot of thoughts and emotions.  All good but not without its responsibilities.  It speaks about the restlessness I have been feeling since Saturday, that it is in fact, a good place to be.  So I am embracing it.  She says the restlessness is because one is at the brink of change.  Which both excites me and terrifies me all at the same time...  So in the embracing I have managed to settle my heart for a moment and I am reminded about the journey I am on and why it is, I actually love to paint and why it is, I love art so much.  I paint because of the JOY I feel when I am painting.  It's just that simple.  Not necessarily the outcome, not necessarily the reward - that's the bonus part of it.  I love how happy it makes me feel when I have a paint brush in my hand.  I love that each piece I do big or small, it draws something out of me.  I never want to loose sight of that.

No comments:

Post a Comment