Friday 13 July 2012

Last day of holidays...

I can't believe today is officially the last day of holidays.  The past 3 weeks have flown by.  Today has been the coldest day of winter, for sure.  Although we are ready for the routine to kick back into place, we certainly aren't ready for the early morning wake-up calls, in this cold.  Not sure how on earth we are going to cope next week.

We had a slow start to the day and headed into town to pick up my passport and then we headed out for lunch, which has become a firm last day of the holiday's ritual.  We did a few other errants and headed home to huddle around the fire and gas heater...  Yes, it was that cold tonight that we had both running.  Digz made us a delicious stew while I conquered my mountain of ironing.  The cool part about doing that on a Friday night is that my weekend is now free... free to play!

Digz and the girls are heading into the mountains tomorrow with some friends to see the snowfall, while I'm heading off with a friend on a Stained Glass Window course... I think that's gonna be kind of exciting day for all of us!

No comments:

Post a Comment