Monday 2 July 2012

A Gentle Sunday...


We had a slow start to our Sunday morning and eventually got ourselves out of bed and headed out to Worcester for the day.  I love roadtrips - big or small.  I love exploring.  We were off to meet our old Jhb buddies - the Jones'.  They moved to Worcester just a couple of months before we moved back to the Cape.  Once we were through the tunnel, this is what we found on the other end.  The mountains in DuToits Kloof were incredibly breathtaking.  We were meeting up for a brunch at the Wimpy.  Don't ask me why but it's just what we always did in Jhb.   And this was long overdue.  It's not about where we meet - it's about that we meet.  We spoke for hours.  I loved every minute of it.  When we were done we just wondered around and did some window shopping and shared our dreams.  I managed to find a small wool shop and found the wool I have been hunting for for the past 2 years - I haven't been able to finish my blanket as a result.  Wool shops are hard finds these days.  We also popped into one of my fav art shops.  I didn't spend a lot - just bought 4 new pieces of paper.   After that we hoped into their van and did a lovely little tour around this beautiful country town.  It was a treat of a day and just what the doctor ordered.  Thanks guys for a special time... look forward to our next brunch meet up and hike!

No comments:

Post a Comment