Monday 19 May 2014

#InMyStudio - Angel of Love...



Exodus 23:20 - "See, I am sending an Angel ahead of you to guard you along the way
and to bring you to the place I have prepared."

I can't tell you how thrilled I am with my sculpture.  And that she's finally finished.  Each time I thought I was done with her, she called me back to do more, literally!  Yesterday, I just wanted to fix some cracks and before I knew it I was adding more flowrs and hair.  And I absolutely love her.  Oh yes, I also fixed all the cracks.

She's now dried and already wrapped up and heading to her new home.  She's on her way to a very dear friend of mine, with a message...  A message of love and a message of hope.  And I am hoping with everything in me, that she will love her as much as I did making her.  I will share more about this later!

I have to tell you that I absolutely loved working with paperclay!  And I definitely want to do more.  It's beautiful and to use your hands like this... is wonderful.  I really got lost in the process and I found the more I worked with it, the more I started to understand the layering.  And I hope to learn much more as I continue to discover this new medium!

No comments:

Post a Comment