Friday 2 May 2014

#InMyStudio - Eternal Sisters

Well I've decided to call this piece - Eternal Sisters because my two girls have been so close these holidays and because they have decided to be Eternal Sisters... Well, we all know they have been and will always be that - but the fact that they are choosing this for themselves speaks volumes to me.

When Misty gave this lesson in week five - landscape backgrounds... I grabbed a piece of Canvas paper, it was the first time I was using this brand and I loved it.  {I haven't been overly impressed with Canvas paper that comes in the form of a block pad but this one was pretty smooth and rather nice}.  I drew a line with charcoal right across the centre and then kind of left it there.  I've been shifting this piece from left to right for weeks.  I loved the lesson and I plan to do plenty more backgrounds and just keep them handy.
Misty was right - I got totally lost in the process...

Misty does this under her paintings and she demonstrated this often in our lessons.
But I'm not brilliant with writing on my paintings but I'm growing in this skill.
I wrote some song lyrics here and smudged them up.
Great lesson I'm learning in letting go....

And the paint is going on.
I totally didn't use a brush - just a large flat palette knife.
And I have to tell you I loved it!

This makes a pretty awesome painting all by itself.
Can't wait to get lost in my next background.

I started with the Sister on the right and felt she needed company.

I didn't want to get too caught up in the image.
I wanted it to be loose and free and more about the background than the Sisters.
Maybe my next one will have more details.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing the process ! This is such beautiful piece!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Caro. I'm so enjoying new things this year. It's been quite an adventure!

      Delete