Saturday 10 May 2014

#InMyStudio - the Sunflowr Angel Journey continues

So my SunflowrAngels have been hanging out in my room because it's been the best place to store this big canvas in between my painting sessions.  Which has given me time to study this piece when I'm lying in bed before I fall asleep.  And I study it first thing when I wake up.

When I had all my 5 angels in place - I thought their faces were finished... and all I had to do were the final sunflowrs.  In a way I'm glad I've been dragging my heals on those last flowrs - because it's given me time to see things... and the more I looked at them, the more I knew they weren't done!  So I grabbed my canvas on Saturday and the work started.... again.


The puzzling thing for me is that my last update on this piece was about a month ago!
I always seem to come back to rework my faces but not usually within a month.
It's a constant reminder to me to to keep working and keep practicing!
It doesn't make perfect - because what's perfect in art but it does = growth!
And to me that's more important than anything else.
It's all about layers, deeper layers and digging deeper... and even in saying that - I know I'm still only skimming the surface and I still have so far to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment