Friday 13 March 2015

I finished "Come stay with me, kind little darling and I will keep you safe..."

I wasn't sure how I was going to finish this piece...

I wasn't happy with the light background, so I did a dark one and I wasn't happy with that either... but I seem to have fallen in love with color again.  And I'm sooooo loving playing with it.  And I got to play this morning and I totally got lost in the process and I love where she's ended.

When I first shared this piece when the talks of culling the Deer in Pittsburg first started - someone had asked to buy this piece.  I get really anxious when people ask to buy pieces before I'm finished them because I feel the pressure and I totally give myself stage fright.   I know it's just me and me being silly - but I can't help it.  But part of my journey is the follow through too even when it takes all my courage.

It's way easier selling finished pieces... 
And generally it's a rule I stick to, so the pressure of delivery or performance doesn't steal my joy of painting, especially my intuitive work.  So I'm feeling pretty thrilled that the painting ended well... 

Sadly not so well for the deer, I heard this week that the culling has begun and I'm heartbroken.  I thought the outcry of the people would be enough.  I understand culling - so I'm not being naive, but it's the way they are to kill these beautiful gentle beings that is so insane and I don't fully understand how it can be allowed, in this day and age.   Some of these deers are pregnant and when they are dead their bodies will be used as landfill.  Sometimes the human race breaks my heart.  And this story really has...

No comments:

Post a Comment