Tuesday 23 June 2015

#InMyStudio - Sleeping Beauties

Three Sleeping Beauties
I was looking at this piece (below) and I thought we were finished.
But the more I looked at it, the more I knew it was lacking something.
The idea came to me to put lace cappies on these sweet girls.
I love the essence of three, their unity and I loved their tenderness.
But something was missing....

I guess I had nothing to loose... so I started playing.
And I'm soooo thrilled I did.  I love the lace sleeping caps.
And the lace around their necks.  I've used this lace before on some of my paintings.
It is inspiration I got from a piece of lace I had left of my grans.
Again sweet reminders of my childhood... 

This change seems to have made these 3 so much more gentler, tender and more endearing.
And I'm completely in love.

No comments:

Post a Comment