Monday 28 December 2015

A big highlight of my trip...

Life Jackets on.

About to head out on our adventure...
It was around 4pm and we knew we would be getting out around sunset.
We were excited.  We didn't want to spend our anniversary in a restaurant and we didn't want it to slip by like it can sometimes, because of this crazy time of year.  I decided to book us on an adventure.
It was impromptu and it was an incredible treat... something I wanted to do for a long time.

Paddles up

We couldn't enter the Storm River Mouth via the sea, due to rough seas.
So we had to walk a kilometre with our lifejackets and paddles up.
But when we arrived we were more than ready to hit the gorge.

I can't tell you how long this has been on my bucket list to do.
.
Kitty and I were uber excited.
We are about to embark on our Fearless Journey this year...
putting ourselves out there and trying new things, even when it's uncomfortable.
So proud of us.

Eeeyah here we go into the gorge.
That's my girls ahead of us.  They decided to travel together.
They made a good team.

Half way up the gorge we transferred to Lilos and paddled our way deeper.
The girls were absolutely raving and so was I.
Dig was our photographer - thank goodness for his GoPro.

Doing this team building thing together was one of the best things we did all year.
It was a hard year, I'm not going to lie.  And I can't tell you how much we needed this.
Hope we get to do plenty more of these kinds of things together.

Kitty and I have come back so amped - we are ready to buy our own kayak.

No comments:

Post a Comment