Friday 29 June 2012

A beautiful tribute... so blown away!

I received this tender tribute on my Facebook email the other day... I was completely blown away and moved that my art is touching people like this.  This has always been my prayer - that they won't just be pretty pictures but impactful.  I am so grateful... thank you!

Flowrsinherhair, your art makes me nostalgic. It's the vintage wallpaper I love; the essence of the 1920's fashion I adore; the colours of the seasons from my childhood - for you only truly experience all four seasons north of the equator -; the European cafes that I miss; the painting of the girl with a tear glistening in her eye, which still hangs on my grandmother's wall in Poland; beautiful postcards that so few post nowadays; the dreams I have for my children; captured on canvas, layer by layer.....

2 comments:

  1. As an artist I know it is not your goal to receive affirmation BUT OMIWORD is it not just the most rewarding experience? To know that what you create can evoke such depth of emotion and memories for someone? Incredible.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree - completely humbling.

    ReplyDelete