Friday 4 October 2013

A delightful unexpected response...

On Thursday night, I gingerly shared my blogpost about my process through The Storyteller piece I painted.  I was nervous to share it because it was quite a personal journey through this piece and it was quite vulnerable for me.  But I'm so pleased I did because on Friday I received this letter from a lovely lady from America.

"Oh my word, I just read your blog post about breaking through your fear and the wonderful way in which you created The Storyteller.  I was in tears just feeling the joy in your ability to break through something so big and to create a piece that absolutely touches others.  Is that painting for sale by any change? xo I want it!  That painting is so lovely that I can't pass it up.  It tells a story directly to my soul.  It's time for me to show up.  To break through my fears not with my art work so much as with my life.  So I will frame and hang this amazing reminder of what that looks and feels like to break through.  Thank you."

WOW!!
I can't tell you how receiving that letter made me feel.  And I can't tell you how much I needed confirmation that I was on the right track.  I guess it's the kind of thing every artists hopes to hear or achieve in the pieces they create and the stories they share around them.
I am so grateful to your letter, hopefully you will understand how much it blessed me!
Thank you so much!
Your painting is packed and ready to ship!  With some added treats! ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment