Monday 28 October 2013

#InMyStudio - Happy Saturday Morning.



Well nothing gives me greater joy than waking up very early on a Saturday morning... like 5am to a very quiet house.  With spring in the air, the mornings are cool and still!  I tiptoed through to get my latte and headed straight to my studio.  I wasn't sure what I was going to do... I was searching through my journals just because... and I found these two transfers I did in my LeatherBound journal.  I did them a few weeks ago and wasn't overly impressed with them so I just packed it away.  But with fresh eyes - I was rather delighted.  I decided to mess around with them and some paint.  Well I have to say I was blown away by my result!  I totally didn't expect that!  It was the first time I did a transfer/painting!  But I know I will be back!  What a joy and wonderful way to start my weekend!

This journal is made up of handmade paper and it's not great to work on at all.  Glue doesn't take to it, neither does paint etc.  It's simply horrible.  But I did this transfer and gessoed around it.  The gesso with the fiber in the handmade paper created an amazing texture!  Which totally contributed to this old fashioned vibe!
I will definitely be doing more of this!
I am so thrilled with these two pieces.


No comments:

Post a Comment