Monday 14 October 2013

Project#40 is finally getting wings...


I am thrilled to say my #selfportrait journey, Project#40 is gaining a bit of momentum after almost a year of going nowhere... I think I almost gave it up because the art-journaling aspect of this project became too convoluted and too much for me to keep up with!  I simplified this radically and focused more on the image and my blog-post about each theme.  I also think that getting the right image is much harder than you think. I really have to think out of the box and out of my comfort zones.  Each set up takes time, effort and thought!  Some have happened spontaneously and some easily and some have been actual mini photo-shoots!
I guess like all things, when you push through... you start to find your way!

2 comments:

  1. I love the layering that I see. . . I also love how each is so very different and yet how unified they become when taken together. I think this form of self-expression would be extremely challenging for me, but I am so inspired by the magic of your journey!! Beautiful and gentle and strong!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you my friend for your beautiful encouragement and kind words... it's something I think you should consider trying your hand at. You have such a creative eye - I think you might surprise yourself! I think it's a journey we all need to take. Camilla is about to start her own journey too! Exciting times. If you would like to read my Project 40 blog, just click on the link above... I've done some writings... for each theme, which to me is equally as challenging as finding the right pic... writing is def my self-expression challenge for sure.

      Delete