Wednesday 23 October 2013

#InMyStudio - something completely different....

I know this is a little different to my latest work.  It's my October homework from my online class Serendipity, with Juliette Crane.  I know it's completely different to what she does - in terms of her whimsical people and creatures.  I don't want to imitate her or copy her but I want to learn from her while still being true to my own style.  This was a large canvas and I used Inks and paints and used papers and things to almost stamp paint onto my background.  I did my background completely first.  Using mostly my hands to do this... it was definitely different for me!

I am still not sure how I feel about this piece but what I am sure of... is I love her face and I love her dreamy feel!

Not sure how to move forward with this but keen to just play more with some of these new techniques.

This sweet girl is already going to live in a very dear friend of mines home!




No comments:

Post a Comment