Tuesday 8 October 2013

#InMyStudio... The TeaMaker


I wanted to share more about this piece... I'm no where near finished it.
But there are elements of it in it's unfinished raw state that I'm actually enjoying
and might hang onto... Sometimes I tend to over-finish pieces.

Well first off, let me say - I'm completely in love with my teapot and hand!
It is the focal point of this painting for me so far.
I feel like it's an invitation to tea and chat and I want to be part of it!
I'm thoroughly enjoying the adventure of this piece...

Because I love the rawness, roughness and imperfections!
I wanted to paint with no over-blending, no rules.  Just freely and wherever that might lead me.
I'm trying to be less bound by the rules and just see what comes and what's really inside of me!
I'm dying to see what will come out if I just let go!
Whether it's loved or not!

I hadn't planned to paint anything specific and I had no idea where this was going...
You can tell because my proportions are probably off a bit!
I wanted to work with browns and sort of muted colors so my palette was limited.
I painted most of the day in between house hunting!
This piece has already gone through diff looks and stages... esp. that wonderful middle lady!
I'm so drawn to her because in my initial stages her strong face reminded me of my Gran!
She was a strong woman!  But also generous... the tea!

I feel oddly emotional about my art lately and each pieces is drawing something deeply emotional inside of me.
I guess as much as that is a little scary - I am challenged by it to keep searching for that!

Other little victories and things I'm enjoying right now is this piece...
is that it's coming completely from within, no referencing and nothing in front of me.
These aren't real people in the world but I'm hoping as we look at them,
we will find bits of ourselves, bits of our stories and loads of emotions in them!

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful blogpost about this story. Thanks for sharing. I love your teapot and her hand as well. So well done. This encourage me to take down my big painting of the angel and paint it over with gesso (no matter what my family says). Do not like it, hate the wings. Want to paint this thing that have been going on in my mind for some time now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love your angel - but I understanding, if she's worrying you - you must change her! I've just been reading your blog and getting up to date with all my readings... love your new project so much and I'm delighted for your journey! As you do each new project you will discover more about your creative self! Happy for you!

      Delete