Tuesday 19 June 2012

Delicate Rose get's an facelift...

              Picture
Picture
Delicate Rose was my very first experiment painting with this new range of mine #thisismygirltoday. I did Rose mainly for me while I was just playing, learning and experimenting. I loved how she initially evolved but since this first trial-run, I clearly made some mistakes, like putting the lace on before I had painted the face etc. My style and technique has also evolved as I have been learning and experimenting with what works and what doesn't. And I guess my own unique style is developing. So I have been working on changing her a little as I wasn't completely happy with a few things, especially her eyes. I loved how big they were because they made her look so innocent and I loved the colour but I just felt they needed work. Well this decision has got me in to some hot water with my daughters. They aren't too happy with me right now esp. with Rose's lack of eyes.

I am hoping I will be able to save, reform and tweak her back and get rid of some of my initial bugbears. Trusting Delicate Rose will be as delicate and as beautiful as before. She's still very special to me because she represents so much of me. She sits in my studio on my desk and looks at me everyday and is my reminder of where I started and where I am going...

1 comment: