Friday 1 June 2012

Dreaming out loud and in colour

Here is to new beginnings...

It's a new month. And it's brilliant to start anything new at the beginning of any new month. But particularly this new month. Today marks the day we moved back to Cape Town 6 months ago. So much has changed in our lives over the past 6 months. Good things, tough things but equally wonderful things. Has it been tough... Of course, moving homes, let alone cities is always tough.

One of these changes have been my decision to pursue art on a more full-time basis. A pipe-dream... perhaps. But for now, I'm dreaming out loud and in colour, beautiful, glorious oil colours.

One of my dreams for this year was to set up my own website[check], blog[check] and have an exhibition, or maybe two or three... a bit over the top... well hey, it is my dream...

I am discovering as I take one step in the direction I am heading, things are just opening up. For example this website, commission work, a show, meeting fabulous artists online from all over the world. Things are happening. In small ways - ways that I can cope with. So here's to new beginnings and here's to dreaming out loud. Here's to believing that dreams can come true, just takes a little faith and loads of hard work.

No comments:

Post a Comment