Friday 1 June 2012

Morning Pages


One of my new month resolutions for June is, (now that we have been here for 6 months already and relatively settled) it is time to finally settle my routine that has been all over the place the past while. Especially my routine and how much time I get to spend in my studio.

One of the ways I have decided to do this is to pick up my #morningpages again. Which entails early rising around 5am which is always a challenge in winter but one I funnily enough enjoy, grab a cappacino and begin my 3 pages of long hand writing. It's a wonderful discipline and so much happens for me in these pages. At the same time I am working through the 12 week program in #WalkingintotheWorld by Julia Cameron, together with her first book called the #ArtistsWay. Both are fantastic. So along with my #morningpages, I also have to include a weekly 30 minute walk and an hour long solo #artistsdate. That together with some written exercises. All of which are great disciplines and look forward to making them all part of my routine. My family support me in all my Artists Way things. So when I disappear somewhere for an hour and I get asked where I am off to, I shout out... my #artistsdate, everyone gets it. More about my dates and walks later. 
So it's been a great start to this month and I'm feeling totally excited, totally focused and totally inspired.

No comments:

Post a Comment